This page contains instructions about how to use the EQUATOR website.
How to log in:
- Click the login button at the top right of the EQUATOR Network website
- Enter your user name and password where prompted.
- When you are finished on the site, it is good practice to click the logout button at the top right of the screen.
How to change your password and manage your Profile:
- Log in as above
- Click your user name at the top right to view your Profile
- Use the form to change your password. On this form you can also record any comments you would like the EQUATOR team to see (they won’t be seen by anybody else) and subscribe or unsubscribe to the newsletter.
- You can also use the Profile to make the forum send you an email alert when messages are posted to the forum. This is useful if you post a question and want to know when someone has answered.
- The “Signature” is a piece of text that is always displayed at the bottom of every post you make.
- Your “avatar” is a picture you can upload to be displayed next to all of your posts. Click “Update your avatar” to upload a picture from your computer.
Using the Forum
- Click the Forum link at the right-hand end of the main navigation menu
- Here you can see a selection of discussion topics: click a topic title e.g. "Using Reporting Guidelines for writing up your research" to see what discussions (or "Threads") are ongoing within that topic.
- Once you are logged in, you can contribute to discussions or create new ones.
- To contribute to a discussion, click the Thread title and click "Contribute to this thread"
- You will now get a box ("eCommunity Editor") in which you can type your message. Use the formatting buttons at the top of the box to get your message looking the way you want it.
- When you're happy, click "Post"
- If you want to start a new discussion, go to the relevant topic and click the "Start a new thread" link.
Page last edited: 30 April 2009