EQUATOR Network automatic website translation
The EQUATOR Network website currently uses a WordPress automatic translation plug-in to allow on demand translation of the website content into over 100 different languages. The plug-in is based on the Google Translate functionality.
The translation function is located at the top of the EQUATOR website.
Click on the Google Translate button to open up the translation options banner.
To use click on the drop-down menu arrow next to ‘English’, select the language that you would like to translate the website to and then click on the ‘translate’ button.
To return to the English language version of the website at any time click on the ‘show original’ button (only visible when a page has been translated).
To turn off the translation option please select the ‘options’ drop-down menu button and select ‘turn off translation for this site’.
- Website visitors may notice some odd words or phrases or inconsistencies in the translated content, particularly in relation to the automatic translation of reporting guideline acronyms and website menu headings.
- Although the reporting guideline database browse menus and content are automatically translated, it is not possible to search the database in any language other than English.
- Reporting guideline titles are automatically translated on the search landing page but not within the full reference field in the record for the reporting guideline.
- To browse reporting guidelines using the translated drop-down menu headings but view the results in English, simply click the ‘show original’ button when the results are displayed and the results will then be shown in English.
- Using the ‘back’ button in the browser when viewing the website in translation will return to the previous page but sometimes the content will display in English. To display the page in the selected language simply click the browser refresh button.
Please contact Shona Kirtley if you have any comments or questions about the translations or would like to report a problem with the translation plug-in. We are keen to hear your thoughts about the automatic translation of our website content.
The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) has provided the support for implementing automatic translations of this website.