EQUATOR Scientific Symposium October 201216/03/2012
ACT now: Accuracy, Completeness, and Transparency in health research reporting
11 – 12 October 2012; Freiburg, Germany
Speakers include: Douglas Altman; Gerd Antes; Iain Chalmers; An-Wen Chan; Paul Glasziou; Steven Goodman; John Ioannidis; Ana Marusic; David Moher; Elizabeth Wager; Paula Williamson.
We would like to invite you to the scientific symposium and 4th EQUATOR Annual Lecture organised by the EQUATOR Network and the German Cochrane Centre.
The symposium will be of great interest to health research scientists and clinicians, journal editors and peer reviewers, reporting guideline developers, publishers, research funders and other professionals involved in research education, research governance and the publication of medical research.
The focus of the meeting is to:
- Highlight critical issues in health research reporting and its wider consequences
- Present key findings from relevant scientific research; topics include:
- Reporting quality of research studies in all areas of medicine
- Common problems in research reporting (e.g. publication bias, selective reporting, inconsistencies between protocol and publication, misinterpretation of research findings)
- Impact and consequences of poor reporting on systematic reviews and clinical guidelines, clinical practice and patients’ care
- Development of robust reporting guidelines
- Increasing awareness and knowledge of principles of rigorous research reporting and available guidelines
- Implementation of reporting guidelines in journals, and by research and funding organisations
- Development and delivery of educational and training programmes on research reporting
- Discuss potential solutions for improvement of health research literature and share experiences
To make sure you do not miss the event please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest. When the call for abstracts and registration open we will contact you directly.
More information is available on the EQUATOR Network website