EQUATOR Publication School 2017: 19-23 June, Oxford, UK09/09/2015
UK EQUATOR Centre’s flagship PUBLICATION SCHOOL
St Catherine’s College, Oxford 19-23 June 2017
Do you want to get published, and be praised for it?
Do you want your organisation to be recognised for its excellent publication record?
Do you want to make a real difference with your research?
Then this is the course for you!
Learn the secrets of success in planning, writing, publishing, and disseminating your research from the best in the business.
“Thank you for the inspiration and energy that you have given me to go back home to my students and colleagues and tell them again and again about EQUATOR”
Many published research articles are reported badly. They often provide insufficient, misleading, or ambiguous information, and so their usefulness is severely compromised.
This lively and practical course is designed to build your skills and confidence to achieve success in planning, writing, publishing, and disseminating your research through traditional journals and other publication and media channels. It will cover:
- How to write the key sections of your research article, including the methods, analysis and results, introduction, discussion, title, and abstract
- How to make appropriate and optimal use of reporting guidelines like CONSORT, STROBE, and PRISMA.
- The importance of writing and publishing protocols using reporting guidelines such as SPIRIT and PRISMA-P.
- How to target the right journal for your research and navigate different editorial systems
- How to deal with peer review comments and constructively peer review the work of others
- How to write for and communicate with healthcare professionals and the public, and make the most of media opportunities
COURSE TUTORS INCLUDE
Dr Elizabeth Wager, Publications Consultant, Sideview
Prof Doug Altman, Director, UK EQUATOR Centre
Dr Iveta Simera, Deputy Director, UK EQUATOR Centre
Prof Gary Collins, Deputy Director, Centre for Statistics in Medicine
Domhnall MacAuley, Consultant-Associate Editor with the Canadian Medical Association Journal and PLOS Medicine
The programme also includes contributions from invited guest speakers, including statisticians, journal editors, publishers, and science communicators.
Find out about Publication School 2016 by reading a summary of the week, following #EQPubSchool on Twitter, and watching on YouTube Domhnall MacAuley talk about the life of a journal editor.
Please go to our Eventbrite page to register and secure your place on the course.
Earlybird registration: Bookings before 1 April 2017
- Without accommodation – includes refreshments, lunches and conference dinner: £1,200
- Including five nights (Sun-Thur) ensuite accommodation with breakfast and evening meal at St Catherine’s College and refreshments, lunches and conference dinner: £1,500
Standard registration: Bookings from 1 April 2017
- Without accommodation – includes refreshments, lunches and conference dinner: £1,350
- Including five nights (Sun-Thur) ensuite accommodation with breakfast and evening meal at St Catherine’s College and refreshments, lunches and conference dinner: £1,650
We cannot issue invoices for the course. However, we can issue a receipt for you to claim back from your employer or other funding organisation.
We may be able to offer a LMIC country discount. Please contact Caroline Struthers (email@example.com) if you’d like to discuss this, or for any more information about the course.